How To Increase Ram On Android Mobile Phone Using SD Card
Hello, guys. Everybody has this confusion or fantasy of increasing their phone’s primary memory (we are never satisfied, are we?). But, is it possible to increase RAM on our android phone? Well, we know that we could add an extra RAM to a system. But, is there any such feature available for our smartphones? The answer is NO. We can never add an external RAM chip to our phone. Adding an external primary memory to our smartphones/tablets can only be done by the manufacturers or a trained expert.
But don’t feel low, we do have other methods to increase RAM on our phone. In this article, we will briefly discuss how to increase RAM and make it faster.
We should not get confused by thinking memory booster’s as an increment in RAM. Memory booster cleans up the unused or extra space taken by our phone’s RAM and hence it does not take any part in increasing our phone’s RAM. Here are some memory cleaner/booster which you can check.
- DU Speed Booster & Cleaner
- Clean Master (Boost&Antivirus)
Nowadays, Android has been all around the market throughout the globe. There are a plethora of phones ranging from Rs 3000 to Rs 70000 based on the Android platform. The RAM in the phone ranges from 512 MB to 6 GB. But irrespective of the RAM, every phone suffers from a shortage of primary memory at the certain point of time. That’s why we always think of having as much as RAM as we can. 10 Best Mobile Under 15000 Rs 10 Best (4G VoLTE) Smartphone Mobiles Under Rs 5000
How to increase RAM on Android Mobile Phone/Tablet using SD Card?
To Increase RAM doesn’t mean the addition of any external hardware on your Android device. It’s not possible for a user to alter the hardware of an Android phone without any formal degree/diploma or prior knowledge. It’s a risky task and can permanently damage or hamper your entire device and make it useless. Even the manufacturers provide guidelines on not to tamper with the device hardware.
But don’t you guys worry. There is some simple way to increase RAM in Android. You just need to follow the instructions and you can easily increase your RAM in 10-15 minutes. Using these smart techniques you can increase your RAM up to 4 GB.
How To Increase RAM On Android Mobile Phone / Tablet(Detailed Steps)
There are two methods by which you can boost or Increase RAM in Android Phone/Tablet. The first method needs some application which can be easily downloaded from the Android play store. The applications are paid as well as free. You could download them and can easily increase RAM on your Android Device.
Second Method is the Manual Method. you need to perform certain tasks manually to increase RAM on Android Phone/Tablet.
Method 1: How to increase RAM on Android Mobile/Tablet using Application
RAM Expander is a miraculous application that will increase RAM on your Android Device by converting a Part of SD Card’s Memory into RAM. That is your SD Card will now be used as a virtual memory by your Android device.
Toggle between the memory card and RAM(SWAP RAM / SWAP MEMORY).
1. Swapfile RAM expansion up to 4.0 GB (file system limit).
2.No limit on the SWAP partition.
3.The usual performance degradation when paged not occur with sd card from class-8.
4.Widget for PNP swap (swap on/off swap).
5.Detailed Memory Information & Analysis
7.Swappiness kernel parameter set.
8.Easy foolproof use (one click optimization and automatic calculation of memory).
9.Supporting Tung all Android devices (root access and Kernelswap support).
How to Use RAM Expander to Increase RAM in Android Smart Phone/Tablet
Before buying this application you must check the compatibility of this app with your device. Whether Your device is compatible with ROEHSOFT RAM Expander.
- If your device is Compatible, then Buy and Download this RAM Expander.
- After installing it select your language.
- Now Create a SWAP File by clicking Swap Active and Enable it.
- After you are finished with the procedure just click on the Grey Box and Activate SWAP.
Congratulations, the RAM on your device is successfully boosted.
Manual Method to increase ram in Android Smart Phone/Tablet
Requirements to increase RAM on an Android Smart Phone/Tablet
- Micro/Mini SD Card of Class 4 or Higher.
- Rooted Android Smart Phone/Tablet.
- A PC with windows operating system.
- SD Card Reader
- Required Softwares.
Steps for Manually increasing RAM of an Android Phone/Tablet
Step 1: Check whether your Android phone support swapping or not :
Note: To convert your SD Card into Ram, your phone has to support Swap function. To check this download Swap Check application.
If your device support Swap function then proceed to Step 2
Step 2: Partitioning SD Card.
- Download Google Mini Tool partition and install on your PC.
- Now Connect your SD Card to your PC. You can use Card Reader for this.
- Now open Mini Tool Application and click on your SD card and Select the Delete Option.
- This action will Format your Card and now you have an entire unallocated Space.
- Now Make partitions by right-clicking on your SD card. Select the partition as primary and file system as FAT 32 fo the card more than 4GB.
- Leave about 1 GB memory for next partition.
- Then select done and again click on make partition option select primary partition but change the file system to ext2, ext3 or ext4.
- Click on apply changes and after processing for few minutes your partition will be completed.
Step 3: Root Your Android Device
- Now you need to Download and install Link2SD.
- Launch this app and provide root permissions. Now, choose the .ext partition that we made earlier.
- Start the app and start linking them.
Step 4: Increasing RAM of your Android Device
- For this, you need to Download Swapper for root.(provide the link.)
- Launch the app and select the amount of RAM you want to increase.
- This will create a .swp file and it will increase the RAM of your Android Device.
Now go to settings and check your RAM Size in the memory section. You would be amazed to see the increase in your RAM.
So that was it for this article- how to increase RAM. I hope you liked it. Feel free to comment and if you liked the content do subscribe our newsletter for more amazing technical stuff from Techhiss.com and share this with your friends.
Author: Utkarsh Bhardwaj
An Undergraduate Student And A Techie. 🙂