- 1 How to Apply For Voter Id card Online in India
- 2 Who can apply for Indian Voter Id Card
- 3 How to make the correction in Voter ID card Online
- 4 Election Card Status
- 5 Voter ID Search
- 6 How To Apply Online for Duplicate Voter ID Card
For Indian Citizen, Voter ID card is very useful. You can use Voter ID card for both casting your vote and as an Identity proof. It can also be used for the various purposes, so you must have your Voter Id card. If still, you do not have your Voter Id card, don’t worry I am here to help you. After reading this article you will able to know How to Apply For Voter Id card Online in India. Earlier it was difficult to get an electoral card, now its a very easy task. You can get your voter Id card within a week after applying online. But there is one constraint that is the age limit, your age must be above 18 years
to apply for Voter Id card application form.
How to Apply For Voter Id card Online in India
Now I am going to give you full information about Indian Voter Id card online registration. One most important thing you must verify before applying that is whether your name is on Voter List. It is very important. You can apply after verifying this.
Required Documents To Apply For Voter ID Card
We need two types of documents to apply for Voter Id card that is Age Proof and Address Proof. We have to scan both documents and upload them. Now the question is what should we exactly need for age proof and what we need for address proof. So, I am listing documents name which we can upload.
Age Proof Documents
- Driving License
- Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI
- Marksheet Of Class 10
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- Marksheet of class 5 or 8 (if it contains DOB)
Address Proof Documents
- Ration card
- Driving License
- Bank passbook/Kisan passbook/Post office passbook
- Income tax assessment order
- Water Bill / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill
You will also need a passport sized photograph.
Now follow the following steps…
- Open the official website of Election commission of India.
- After opening this, you will find a link for New Voter Registration Online.
- Click on this, an application form (form 6) will open, fill the details like name, age, gender, date and place of birth etc. (You can choose either Hindi or English language)
- After filling the form, click on submit button
- Now you will get an application id number. Just keep it with you because you can check your application status by using this.
- You have successfully completed your task. congrats! 🙂
Now, you will receive an email which contains a link that lets you check or track your Voter Id application status. You may have to wait for 30 days for your Voter Id card.
Who can apply for Indian Voter Id Card
Anyone who is a citizen of India and above 18 years can apply for Indian Voter Id Card
Election Commission has also the state wise website. You can also register there. List is below
1) Electoral Card Online Application for Tamil Nadu:- http://elections.tn.nic.in/
2) Online voter registration for Madhya Pradesh:- www.ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in
3) Online voter registration for Kerala:- http://www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/
4) Online voter registration for Andhra Pradesh:- http://www.ceoandhra.nic.in (look for E Registration Form 6 link)
5) Electoral card online application for Karnataka:- http://www.voterreg.kar.nic.in/
6) Voter registration for Maharastra:- http://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/
7) Voter registration for Orissa :- http://ceoorissa.nic.in/
8) Voter registration for West Bengal:- http://ceowestbengal.nic.in/
9) Voter registration for Uttar Pradesh:- http://ceouttarpradesh.nic.in/
10) Voter registration for Arunachal Pradesh:- http://ceoarunachal.nic.in/
11) Voter registration for Assam:- http://ceoassam.nic.in/
12) Voter registration for Bihar:- http://ceobihar.nic.in/
13) Voter registration for GOA:- http://ceogoa.nic.in/
14) Voter registration for Gujarat:- http://sec.gujarat.gov.in/voter-reg.htm
15) Voter registration for Haryana:- http://ceoharyana.nic.in/
16) Voter registration for Himachal Pradesh:- http://ceohimachal.nic.in/
17) Voter registration for Jammu and Kashmir:- http://ceojammukashmir.nic.in/
18) Voter registration for Manipur:- http://ceomanipur.nic.in/
19) online Voter registration for Meghalaya:- http://ceomeghalaya.nic.in/ (look for E registration)
20) Voter registration for Mizoram:- http://ceomizoram.nic.in/
21) Voter registration for Nagaland:- http://ceonagaland.nic.in/
22) Voter registration for Punjab:- http://ceopunjab.nic.in/English/home.aspx
23) Voter registration for Rajasthan:- http://ceorajasthan.nic.in/
24) Voter registration for Sikkim:- http://ceosikkim.nic.in/
25) Voter registration for Tripura:- http://ceotripura.nic.in/index.asp
26) Voter registration for Chhattisgarh:- http://ceochhattisgarh.nic.in/
27) Voter registration for Jharkhand:- http://www.jharkhand.gov.in/ceo/
28) Voter registration for Uttarakhand:- http://ceo.uk.gov.in/
29) Voter registration for Andaman & Nicobar:- http://ceoandaman.nic.in/
30) Voter registration for Chandigarh:- http://ceochandigarh.nic.in/
31) Voter registration for Dadra & Nagar Haveli:- http://ceodnh.nic.in/
32) Voter registration for Daman & Diu:- http://ceodaman.nic.in/
33) Voter registration for Lakshadweep:- http://ceolakshadweep.gov.in/home.html
34) Voter registration for Puducherry:- http://ceopondicherry.nic.in/
35) Voter registration for Delhi:- http://ceodelhi.gov.in/
How to make the correction in Voter ID card Online
If you want some Voter Id correction, you can do it online. Just follow the following steps.
- Click on this Voter Id correction link
- Select the form for Election card correction.(Form 8 or Form 8A)
- After fill in, the form just submits it.
- You will soon get your edited Voter Id card.
You can also check your Voter Id card online application status. Just click on this link and enter your reference link then click on track status button.
Voter ID Search
There are two ways to search your Voter Id card online. You have to open this Voter Id Search Link and there will be two options, you can search either by entering your details like Name, Age, DOB etc or you can also search the Voter Id card by entering your Voter Id epic no.
How To Apply Online for Duplicate Voter ID Card
Suppose your Voter Id card is lost or your election card is unusable due to tear and wear. Then you can apply for duplicate Voter Id card online. Below are the procedures.
- Download a copy of Form EPIC-002 by clicking this link
- Fill in the form and attach all required documents and submit the form to your local electoral office.
- You will get a reference number. And you can track your application form by using this no. as I have mentioned above.
- In the electoral office, your application form will be processed and verified.
- You will be notified after verification, and now you can collect your Duplicate Voter Id.
I hope this article will help you definitely. Within few minutes you can apply for your Voter Id card online. If you have still faced any problem regarding this. Feel free to comment, I am here to help you.
Sharing is caring
If you have really liked then share this article with your friends and please subscribe to our newsletter to get our latest updates. You can also like our Facebook page and follow on Instagram and Twitter.Thanks ?